- This event has passed.
Bay Area Prescribed Fire Council’s Summer Meeting
July 8, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm- $40
Burning in the Fog: 2020 Summer Meeting
- Join prescribed fire professionals from throughout the greater Bay Area as we dive into the utilization of controlled burning and associated land treatments that are relevant in the coastal parts of the Bay Area.
- Wednesday, July 8th will be filled with engaging presentations, local updates and engrossing conversations.
- Topics will include: burning for Coastal prairie, cultural burning, Sudden Oak Death, Rx fire surrogates and more.
- Wednesday night will feature a professionally catered dinner, local band and roaring campfire under the stars.
- The Bay Area Prescribed Fire Council is a meeting point for Rx fire professionals, students, teachers, tribal members, researchers, land managers, fire fighters, regulators and the general public from throughout the greater Bay Area. At these intersections, we hope to facilitate dialogue and foster change, so that we might get more “good fire” on the ground.
Location: Martin Griffin Preserve’s Volunteer Canyon, 4800 Shoreline Highway One, Stinson Beach, CA 94970
(Note address does not come up on google for 4800, but 4900 just to the north does)
Conference and Field tour: Wednesday, July 8th, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., at MGP’s Volunteer Canyon.
Cost: $40.00, includes food. (Some scholarships available upon request).
Lodging: Sorry no camping on site
Food: Wednesday, July 8th will include morning snacks and lunch.
Reservation Deadline: June 26th, 1:00 p.m.
Questions: email email@example.com
To register and access much more information visit: