- This event has passed.
Post-fire Recovery Workshop for Forest & Rural Landowners
December 10, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm- Free
Join friends of the Sonoma County Forest Conservation Working Group in a virtual workshop designed to provide forest landowners and other rural landowners with the training and resources they need to heal their land post-fire.
- Assessing Tree Damage and Mortality: Michael Jones, PhD, UCCE Forestry Advisor for Sonoma, Lake, and Mendocino Counties
- Erosion Concerns and Treatments: Rich Casale, NRCS District Conservationist, Santa Cruz County
- Understanding Wildlife Concerns : Carolyn Whitesell, UCCE Human-Wildlife Interactions Advisor, San Mateo and SF Counties
- Managing Fire-Adapted Weeds: Stephanie Larsen, UCCE Range Management Advisor, Sonoma County
- Taking the Long-Range View: Members of the Sonoma County Forest Conservation Working Group
Attendees will learn tips for evaluating common post-fire concerns on their land, hear about local resources for funding and technical assistance, and have the opportunity to ask questions to speakers during Q&A. This event will be held via Zoom. Instructions for joining will be provided to registrants. This meeting will be recorded and available to view afterwards on sonomaforests.org.
No cost for this event! View the sharable event flyer here