Introduction to Healthy Forested Watersheds
Private landowners can have a great impact on the watershed through everyday actions and restoration activities. Working to improve the watershed may also improve your property and your quality of life. Start by finding out about the issues affecting your area and learn what can be done to address them.
Resource Conservation Districts
Resource Conservation Districts host a wealth of information about Sonoma County’s Watersheds.
Individual Watershed Resources
For more resources specific to individual watersheds, see these links below:
Laguna de Santa Rosa Watershed
Petaluma River Watershed
Sonoma Creek Watershed
Regional Watershed Management & Fish Recovery Plans
The state and local governments have developed a number of plans to guide private and public efforts to improve watershed health.
- Water Quality Control Plan for the North Coast Region, NCRWQCB, 2011
- North Coast Integrated Regional Water Management Plan, North Coast Resource Partnership, August 2014
Coho Salmon Recovery:
- California Central Coast Coho Recovery Plan, NOAA, 2012
- Recovery Strategy for California Coho Salmon, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, February 2004
California Coastal Chinook Salmon, Northern California Steelhead, & Central California Coast Steelhead:
- Coastal Multispecies Recovery Plan, NOAA Fisheries West Coast Region, October 2016
- CalFish, a California Cooperative Anadromous Fish and Habitat Data Program: http://www.calfish.org/Default.aspx