2023 Living with Fire: Sonoma County Forest Conservation Conference
June 23 @ 8:00 am - June 25 @ 5:00 pm
Save the Date:
June 23rd-25th, 2023!
When: June 23-25, 2023
Where: Day 1: Santa Rosa Junior College’s Shone Farm in Forestville & Day 2: Various field sites throughout the county
What: 2-Day conference to support Sonoma County’s forestland owners and managers
Who: The event is for forestland owners, managers and community stakeholders, hosted by the Sonoma County Forest Conservation Working Group
Forestland owners, managers and interested community members are encouraged to attend this hands-on, educational event!
Why should forestland owners attend the conference?
- Participate in interactive workshops, covering a wide range of topics that matter to landowners:
- What is forest health and how do I improve my forestland?
- What planning and funding resources are available to landowners?
- How to do projects like forest thinning, building burn piles, removing invasive species, and making my forest more fire safe?
- How to collaborate with my neighbors and join in bigger, regional conservation efforts?
- Hear from a range of experts, such as other landowners, resource managers, forest and fire ecologists, community organizations and leaders, public agencies, and conservation organizations.
- Walk away from the event with an actionable plan to make changes on their land.
The aim of the conference is to support our community’s wildfire resilience, forest health, community collaboration, best management practices and strategy to protect our communities, our land and natural resources.
Want more information?
Click below to be put on the conference mailing list and take a quick survey to tell us what matters to you. Please fill out the survey by Saturday, April 1st!